When a man needs to do what he needs to do
January 28, 2026
10 or 11 years ago. I can’t remember precisely. It seems like an eternity now. I saw a man wandering my lands. I asked him what is he doing here. He was a quiet man but respectful… So I offered him simple lodgings. During dinner I asked again, then it came out like a snake… I am here to kill a man. I was not surprised. Feuds run rife in these parts. I merely ask – can I be of help? I am a respected landowner in these parts. I went on to add…. Perhaps there is a way to resolve this thru negotiations…. After all, is it worth it? The man lowered his head for an eternity, then looking up slowly like a sword being slowly drawn he answered in a solemn tone – I can’t run away from myself..I cannot forget!
I told him – I understand…I understand completely.